Fonebase Labs is in need of a female Business Development intern to assist the Business Co-Founder in varying tasks that span non-technical activities.
The role is 100% remote, however, should the intern be resident in Lagos, she can attend meetings with the Business team.
The primary reason is diversity. With the Fonebase Labs team currently consisting of 4 males, we are in search of a young, smart, hardworking lady to join the team. As people usually hire from their networks, and ours primarily consisting of male techheads, we’re going one step further to diversify our team and specifically seek for qualified females.
This however does not imply that we are lowering the bar, on the contrary we are looking harder, further and longer for the qualified candidate we know is out there. By joining the Fonebase Labs team as a Business Development Intern, you’ll get the chance to really contribute to the success of the team, use your skills all while gaining valuable experience. To put it in better perspective – you’ll make up 20% of the team.
Who Are We?
Fonebase Labs is a Nigerian founded technology company. We have a suite of web applications that provide various services targeted at the international market.
- Callbase – A web based call center
- Fonenode – A telephony API with services
- WriteRack – A tweetstorming application
Your primary responsibility will be to assist the Business Co-Founder in business related activities. This position will require and encourage you to take initiative in conceptualizing and/or executing various tasks.
A Week In The Life Of…
This is currently what my week at Fonebase Labs looks like across our various products
- Today, a proposal was sent out to a company interested in integrating Fonenode with their application.
- Fonenode is to launch a new segment. We need to recruit a few beta testers and would also need to get press for the product launch.
- We need to follow up with a client regarding balancing up an invoice.
- Work with the dev team to integrate intercom
- We are following up with a remote Interface Designer (in Poland) to complete the redesign of the Callbase dashboard.
- Work with the dev team and a front-end developer to integrate the dashboard.
- Set up a meeting with a company that trains call-centre agents.
- Work with our devs to integrate intercom
- Launch the new design
- Inform our hundreds of users about the new design and solicit feedback
- Communicate the feedback to the WriteRack lead.
- Get a lawyer to tidy up an outstanding agreement with a new supplier
- Tidy up the books
- Rope Ope and the team into another long meeting.
These are just a few of typical things to be done so having an extra hand and perspective will be very welcome.
How we work?
We are a 100% distributed team. We presently consist of 4 people. 3 developers one of whom is on on extended holiday in Boston, my Co-Founder (presently in Akure), Intern developer (in Ilorin) and myself (In Lagos… for now)
Our “office” is situated on HipChat, Trello, Quip and Google Mail
Our Ideal Candidate
- Pre NYSC or NYSC
- You are top graduate and very interested and familiar with technology and startups
- If you have visited Lagos, you must have dropped by CcHub or its equivalent elsewhere
- Know that Raspberry Pi does not taste delicious and Hacker News is not a dangerous place.
- You have a blog , write/have written about technology
- You take initiative. e.g started or ran an association while in school.
- Previously worked with a startup or a business
- You are naturally organized and like writing (this is important).
- Wired or The Economist is not out of place in your magazine rack.
First, why not us? We do not offer a competitive salary for a graduate, which is why we are specifically looking for Pre and NYSC level candidates. We however offer a decent package for the job requirements.
In spite of that, here are some advantages of working with us.
- Getting a deep knowledge and experience of startup operations. From concept to revenue. We assure you after your tenure you’ll be a catch for a Nigerian or international technology company. We’ll work towards being able to afford you when the tenure ends.
- We’re very (Buffer open) internally. If you want to know the balance of our bank account, just ask. If you want to know why any decision has been taken, ask. Nothing is off the table.
- We’re pretty flexible. You can work from wherever, whenever as long as you complete your tasks properly and on time.
- Our contacts are your contacts. You will get to meet and know a lot of people that will be of help to you in the coming years.
- You will be working with a really top notch team and will definitely learn A LOT!
- We encourage reading, and will also provide unfettered access to our library.
How to apply
Send an email with
- A summary of your academic background
- A list and description of projects you have done (it should have a technology angle)
- Visit Callbase.co and in a few paragraphs, explain what you think it is and where you would take it if it were handed over to you
Pls dnt wrt lk dis
Co founder, Fonebase Labs